: no age





Pitchfork acaba de reseñar la rola que ha aparecido como adelanto del próximo EP de No Age: Loosing Feeling. Se llama "You're a Target" y suena muy bien.





No Age, "You're a Target", inédito.




08.Sep.2009

I have to admit that I was dubious of the cleaner, more mature No Age hinted at on the band's upcoming Losing Feeling EP. I always liked these guys best at their most aggro, on tracks like "Boy Void" that seemed to be tailor made for one of those skate-video montages that just shows a bunch of gnarly wipeouts in a row. But there was always a tunefulness beneath this band's murk, and their newer material seems to be about highlighting that component. Losing Feeling's final track "You're a Target", falls in line with this increased attention to structure. But, much to my delight, it doesn't misplace the discord that made No Age so exciting in the first place. Opening with a few warm pedal loops, the song quickly turns more forceful, with a high-speed guitar crunch that sounds a bit like the song-iest stuff from Zen Arcade ("Chartered Trips" springs to mind) and drummer Dean Spunt's surprisingly in-key vocals stringing it all together. Content-wise, the title's something of a red herring: No Age don't have you in their sights. Instead, they're looking back at youth, at a fellow outcast's impressive sense of self-assurance. "I get laughed at, I wanna be like you do/ If you're a target, then I guess I'm one too," Spunt sings. A grown-up sentiment, then, and it works. Fall off your skateboard enough times and you begin to look inward, it seems.